Now that we have entered Phase 3, things are looking up, and just in time for Chinese New Year!
What do these changes mean for us? Before we go into how you can celebrate this year let’s run through the key changes!
Changes to Regulations in Phase 3
- Social gatherings of up to 8 persons are allowed.
- Malls and large standalone stores will increase the capacity limit from 10 square metres per person to 8 square metres per person.
- Religious organisations can increase their capacity for congregational and other worship services to up to 250 persons, in zones of up to 50 persons each for congregational services.
- Places of worship can have live performance elements with the necessary safe management measures in place.Up to 10 persons will be allowed to unmask at any given time.Of the 10, up to five persons will be allowed to unmask for singing.
- Indoor live performances of up to 250 persons in zones of 50 persons each will be allowed.
- TraceTogether for SafeEntry and TraceTogether app or token is required for SafeEntry check-ins.This will only be implemented as the exclusive mode of entry this year.
For more information on these apps check out the link here
Places to Celebrate With Your 7 Lucky Friends
Now that we’ve gone over some of the key changes in Phase 3, how can you safely celebrate Chinese New Year? As the new rules allow for gatherings up to 8 in households or up to 250 at places that can adhere to social distancing rules there are endless options! With good news and great vibes kicking off the new year, there is lots to look forward to in 2021. The number 8, which when spoken in Chinese, sounds like ”wealth” ,”fortune” and “prosper” resonates with the joy and luck of being able to spend time with more friends and family. Here are some places you can check out with 7 of your dearest ones!
Coming in at number one on our list is Barbary Coast! This space consists of a dual-concept programme spread over two floors and three historic shop-houses in Singapore’s Boat Quay district; Dead Fall and Ballroom. The concept is heavily based on the grit and glory of the gold mining era. Think Peaky Blinders meets Bridgerton. Fuelled with delightful cocktails at $20 a pop and a delicious array of food, it’s definitely going to be a beautiful and memorable time!
Enquire about Barbary Coast here!
SOFITEL SINGAPORE CITY CENTRE
Second on our list is Sofitel Singapore is one of the luxury hotels in Singapore. Each Sofitel draws inspiration from local culture and tradition while celebrating innovation and the French art de vivre to offer a one-of-a-kind, luxurious hotel experience. From design details to exhibitions and events, discover what makes their hotel so unique! Treat your family with the experience of Bling Empire royalty!
Enquire about Sofitel Singapore City Centre!
ONE°15 MARINA SENTOSA COVE
And last but not least, ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove. With a whole array of activities and rooms, ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove, Singapore, is a waterfront lifestyle destination offering world-class marina facilities replete with a comprehensive range of exclusive club amenities. From the infinity pool, fitness centre, members’ lounge, modern spa, restaurants and bars, to the 26 tastefully appointed rooms with spectacular views, no efforts have been spared to make your time here an absolute pleasure. If you and your family is all about the sun sand sea lifestyle this location is definitely for you!
Enquire about ONE°15 MARINA SENTOSA COVE!
Don’t worry, if these don’t match your needs we’ve got plenty more venues you can explore at We Are Spaces.
Browse our extensive inventory to find your perfect Chinese New Year venue!